Monday, June 30, 2014

Veggie Couscous

I have never cooked with couscous before and I have always been curious to try it. I decided to grab a small box at the local market and see what fun I could have with it making a vegan dish. I spent Sunday morning at the local farm market, buying my organic veggies for the week and looking at my bounty I chose several to add to my couscous dish. I am very aware of food contamination and I first soak my veggies in a pot full of cold water with a couple teaspoons of vinegar and then rinse them really well with fresh cold water. I never reuse the water on cut veggies. My goal is to try to keep all chemicals out of our bodies and to eat as clean as possible. I try not to support industrial farming and companies that make their billions at the expense of our health and our children's health. So back to the recipe... This was easy and very yummy and I made enough for four servings.     Use 2 servings of Couscous and prepare according to package directions replacing butter with vegan margarine or smart balance for allowed calorie vegetarian option.                             

 

No comments:

Post a Comment